June 30, 2011
MAP Scholarship Applications Now Available
Applications for 2011 University of Washington Alumni Association (UWAA) Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) student scholarships are available and will be accepted until August 1. MAP awards scholarships to deserving UW students who need financial assistance to assist with their progress toward a degree at the UW.
Funding for these scholarships comes from contributions from UW alumni and friends as well as proceeds from the Bridging the Gap Breakfast held annually on Homecoming Saturday.
One of MAP’s missions is to promote the UW and the UWAA. It supports the recruitment of diverse students, faculty and staff and encourages appropriate mentoring activities.
Qualifications for MAP Scholarships:
- Continuing UW student in good standing
- Full-time student at the University of Washington, undergraduate or graduate
- Minimum one quarter at the UW
- Financial aid need as determined by Financial Aid Office
Application shall include:
- UWAA MAP scholarship application form
- One reference letter from faculty member, adviser, academic personnel, or community leader
- A one-page typed narrative describing the applicant’s personal background, academic and career goals, financial need, commitment to diversity, and the applicant’s involvement with campus and/or community organizations
- Copy of UW transcript (unofficial transcript acceptable)
- Permission to release information form to allow the Office of Student Financial Aid to provide information about your financial aid status for 2011-12 and your total student loan debt
Additional materials will not be accepted. We will not accept phone calls regarding application status. Recipients will be contacted by telephone. Non-recipients will not be notified; if you have not been contacted within five weeks of the application deadline, you were not selected; however, the Office of Student Financial Aid will retain your application in case other scholarship funds become available.
All information will be kept confidential.
Questions: Contact Dr. James Flowers, (206) 616-2309, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application must be completed and received by the MAP Scholarship Awards Committee no later than Monday, August 1, 2011. Send application to: Office of Student Financial Aid, MAP Scholarship, Box 355880, 178 Schmitz Hall, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195-5880.
Download one of the following applications here: