International Travel Registry
How do I register?
- Create a user profile online. Make sure to add a photo.
- Look for a verification email after submitting your registration. Follow the instructions to verify your registration. The email address provided at registration will be your username.
- Email your travel itinerary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This can include flight itineraries (forwarded airline confirmation), destination cities and lodging information.
- All UW travelers are encouraged to check the box allowing On Call to automatically register travel with the U.S. State Department’s Safe Traveler Enrollment Program. UW students must do this.
- Before your departure date, you will receive travel guidance specific to your destination with important safety information.
What is the registry?
The UW International Travel Registry assists UW students, faculty and staff in preparation for and during international travel. It is is not an approval process.
Registry information is confidential. It is used by the UW Global Emergency Manager in case of an emergency, or if the destination is under a U.S. State Department travel warning or under restricted travel by the UW International Risk, Assessment and Safety Committee.
Who should use it?
- All UW students, graduate and undergraduate, not enrolled through UW Study Abroad while outside the U.S.
- All UW graduate assistants, residents and fellows traveling outside of the U.S.
- All UW employees traveling outside of the U.S.
- If your department, school, or college used Christopherson Airportal to arrange your trip, you don’t need to use this registry. (Applicable departments include IHME and the School of Medicine.)
Are you leading a group of students?
If you are leading a group of students on an international program or trip not affiliated with the Bothell, Seattle or Tacoma study abroad offices, please email email@example.com with a list of your travelers’ names, itineraries, and emails.
All students traveling overseas must purchase the UW Student Abroad Insurance.
Need help with the registry?
Contact the Global Travel Security Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-616-7927.