Office of Global Affairs
International Travel Registry
How do I register?
- Create a user profile online. Make sure to add a photo.
- Look for a verification email after submitting your registration. Follow the instructions to verify your registration. The email address provided at registration will be your username.
- Email your travel itinerary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This can include flight itineraries (forwarded airline confirmation), destination cities and lodging information.
- All UW travelers are encouraged to check the box allowing On Call to automatically register travel with the U.S. State Department’s Safe Traveler Enrollment Program. UW students must do this.
- Before your departure date, you will receive travel guidance specific to your destination with important safety information.
What is the registry?
The UW International Travel Registry assists UW students, faculty and staff in preparation for and during international travel. It is is not an approval process.
Registry information is confidential. It is used by the UW Global Emergency Manager in case of an emergency, or if the destination is under a U.S. State Department travel warning or under restricted travel by the UW International Risk, Assessment and Safety Committee.
Who should use it?
- All UW students, graduate and undergraduate, not enrolled through International Programs & Exchanges while outside the U.S.
- All UW graduate assistants, residents and fellows traveling outside of the U.S.
- All UW employees traveling outside of the U.S.
- If your department, school, or college used Christopherson Business Travel to arrange your trip, you don’t need to use this registry. (Applicable departments include IHME and the School of Medicine.)
Are you leading a group of students?
If you are leading a group of students on an international program or trip that is not affiliated with the Bothell, Seattle or Tacoma study abroad offices, it is required that you provide a list of all travelers, itineraries and contact information. Please fill out the following form to report any group travels not affiliated with any study abroad office.
All students traveling overseas are required to purchase the UW Student Abroad Insurance.
Need help with the registry?
Contact the Global Emergency Manager at email@example.com or 206-616-7927.