Office of Global Affairs
International Travel Registry
What is the registry?
The UW International Travel Registry assists UW students, faculty and staff in preparation for and during international travel. It is is not an approval process.
Registry information is confidential. It is used by the UW Global Emergency Manager in case of an emergency, or if the destination is under a U.S. State Department travel warning or under restricted travel by the UW International Risk, Assessment and Safety Committee.
Who should use it?
- All UW students, graduate and undergraduate, not enrolled through International Programs & Exchanges while outside the U.S.
- All UW graduate assistants, residents and fellows traveling outside of the U.S.
- All UW employees traveling outside of the U.S.
How do I register?
- Complete the online form to create a user profile.
- All UW travelers are encouraged to check the box for On Call to automatically register with the U.S. State Department’s Safe Traveler Enrollment Program. UW students must do this.
- Add a photo to your user profile.
- You’ll receive a verification email after submitting your registration. Please verify your registration. The email address provided at registration will be your username.
- After you have verified your registration, email your travel itinerary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before your departure date, you will receive travel guidance specific to your destination with important safety information.
Need assistance with the registry?
Contact the Global Emergency Manager at email@example.com or 206-616-7927