International emergency assistance
- Review this information before you travel overseas on UW business, research or study abroad.
- Make sure this information is accessible while you’re away. Consider writing the contact numbers on a card to carry in your wallet.
Emergency steps for UW students, faculty, staff and program directors
- Take whatever actions are necessary to assure your immediate safety.
- Call the local emergency number.
- Call the OnCall International 24/7 Global Response Center at 001-603-328-1358. Collect calls are accepted.
- Students who received a waiver and purchased their own insurance should contact their individual insurance carrier.
- Contact the UW Global Emergency line at 001-206-632-0153 for further assistance.
UW Global Emergency line
- Phone number: 001-206-632-0153
- Answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by the UW Police Department.
- The operator will collect information about the emergency along with your contact information and forward the information to the Global Travel Security Manager, who will assist you.
Be prepared to provide as much of the following information as possible:
- Your name
- Return contact information
- Country and program of study
- Name(s) of persons involved
- Description of emergency
- Actions taken
- Assistance needed
If the incident is no longer an immediate or potential risk to safety, security or health, you can report the emergency to the Global Travel Security Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 001-206-616-7927 during the next business day.
What constitutes an emergency?
Please contact us about any situation that poses an immediate or potential risk to the safety, security or health of UW students, faculty or staff overseas on a UW-sponsored activity. Emergency situations include, but are not limited to:
- Major accident, injury or illnesses
- Any hospitalization
- Natural disasters
- Terrorist events
- Civil unrest
- Victim of a violent crime or physical assault
- Arrest or detention
- Disappearance or missing person
Printing this page? If you have Skype installed on your system, this page may print without phone numbers. If you experience problems with printing, you may wish to download and/or print a copy of this page instead.