Office of Global Affairs



REGISTER WITH TRIP HEREIf you are traveling on your own to a conference or to participate in any other non-curricular, UW-related activity, you are required to register with TRIP because of the UW Student International Travel Policy.

TRIP will prompt you to complete the following steps:

  1. Register your travel
  2. Purchase UW Student Abroad Insurance
  3. Provide 24/7 emergency contact information
  4. Submit travel waiver, if applicable
  5. Sign an assumption of risk
  6. Complete the online UW Global Travel Health & Safety Orientation

How do I register?

  • After clicking the registry link above, you will be asked to login with your UW NetID.
  • Complete the form, providing details including your name as well as destination and dates of travel.
  • We encourage you to provide the mobile phone number you will use abroad and emergency contact information.
  • You can also share flight information, detailed itineraries with multiple destination cities, and lodging information.

Next steps

  1. Your registration will be processed immediately, and you will receive a confirmation email.
  2. Please also register your travel with the U.S. Embassy / Consulate through the U.S. State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.

What is the registry?

  • The UW International Travel Registry assists the Office of Global Affairs in providing emergency support and resources to UW travelers abroad.
  • It is not an approval process.
  • Registry information is confidential. It is used by the UW Global Travel Security team in case of an emergency, and to provide support when requested.

Who should use the registry?

All UW students – graduate and undergraduate – who are traveling outside the U.S. for UW purposes but not enrolled through UW Study Abroad. For example, students attending international meetings and conferences.

Note: International students also need to register any time they are traveling for University purposes including when traveling to their home country.

What is traveling "for University purposes?"

Traveling for University purposes includes travel and activities abroad that are funded, sponsored, administered, arranged, or approved by the University; or where credit is awarded or degree requirements are fulfilled.

Travel with a Registered Student Organization (RSO), that is not otherwise funded or supported by the University, and personal travel such as a vacation is NOT for University purposes.

Need help or have questions?

Contact the UW Global Travel Security team at or 206.616.7927


Not a student? Employees register here.