While in school

If you are still in school and want to prepay your loan or cancel an upcoming disbursement of your loan, contact the Financial Aid Office. A counselor can help you with repaying or reducing your loan if you no longer need the funds.

When you are no longer in school

Visit your loan servicer’s website to set-up online access to your loan account. This site should give you specific information about how and where to make your monthly loan payments. You should also receive information about how to sign up for an ‘electronic debit account’ (EDA) option to automate making your loan payments. Using this feature will not only ensure that you make timely loan payments (avoiding late fees and other negative consequences of having a past due account), but it may also qualify you for a small interest rate reduction.

If you are unsure who services your loan, check at https://studentaid.gov for information and links to your Direct Loan Servicer.

Loan servicers

Getting Help

The UW Office of Student Financial Aid at osfa@uw.edu is a good starting point for information and resources regarding obtaining financial aid, and for issues or assistance after you successfully obtain a loan. After you obtain a loan, the WA Student Achievement Council (WSAC) can also provide information and resources about student loan repayment, or can assist with a complaint relating to your student loans or student loan servicer. Please visit www.wsac.wa.gov/loan-advocacy or contact the WSAC Student Loan Advocate at loanadvocate@wsac.wa.gov for additional information. 

Additional help is available with the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group. For more information, please visit Getting Prepared Before Seeking Help.