We recognize you may have a change in circumstances or special expenses that may affect your ability to afford to go to school. So please contact our office or download the appropriate form below. The forms contain directions for describing and documenting your request. Our ability to respond depends on the funds available when your request is reviewed. You will receive a revised aid offer notice and/or a mailed response from our office, indicating the outcome of your request.

  • Parents’ contribution
    If your parents are not able to make the contribution calculated for them, they may provide us with more comprehensive information about their situation and ask for a recalculation on the Revision Request for Change in Financial Situation. Since financial aid is based on the assumption that parents will contribute their share to a dependent student’s education, they will need to show how circumstances beyond their control prevent them from making the calculated contribution. Parents may also finance all or part of the expected contribution through the Federal Direct PLUS Loan program.
  • Student’s contribution
    If you are not able to make the expected contribution or if you no longer have the earnings, benefits, or other support you reported, explain on theĀ Revision Request for Change in Financial Situations. We will reassess your eligibility for financial aid based on your new financial situation.
  • Additional expenses
    We may be able to increase your “budget” for additional childcare, health care, transportation, book and supply costs or purchasing a computer. If funds are available, we will increase your aid offer to help cover them. Our response depends on whether your request meets all four of the following criteria

        1. the expenses are educationally related and beyond your control
        2. they are greater than the amount already in your budget for such costs
        3. you will incur them during the award year (October-June)
        4. they are adequately documented in your Revision Request

    Usually additional expenses are funded with “self-help” aid (loan or work; usually, Federal Direct Stafford/Ford Loan). Submit your Revision Request for Additional Expenses and/or documentation of costs as soon as you know about your extra costs.

  • Change in kind of aid
    We assume everyone wants as much grant and scholarship money as possible. Your aid offer reflects your “fair share” of the limited gift aid we have available. Students offered Federal Direct Stafford/Ford Loans may not have priority for Work Study (based on relative need), but may replace the recommended loan amount with income from a non-Work Study job. You may request a change by contacting our office.