Once you have been offered your financial aid, you must meet certain eligibility requirements to keep it. For example, you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in your course of study and remained enrolled for the minimum number of credits required for the financial aid programs you received. In addition, you must maintain the grade point average (GPA) required by the University.

The aid offered to you was based on your FAFSA information, your financial circumstances, enrollment plans and SAP status as originally reported. If you receive additional aid or if your circumstances change, OSFA may be required to make adjustments to your aid offer. Because of this you are required to notify OSFA if:

  • You receive any additional financial aid (scholarships, grants and loans) and any other educational or tuition assistance
  • Receipt or loss of a Graduate Teaching, Research Assistantship, Fellowship, Traineeship or Resident Advisor
  • You change from living with parent or relative to living in a University residence hall or off campus or vice versa
  • You withdraw from the University prior to the first day of the quarter

Please bear in mind that if you do not report these changes to our office in a timely manner, you may not receive your aid, you may not receive your aid when you need it, you might owe some or all of your aid back or your aid may be reduced at short notice to you.

It is better to make OSFA aware of any such changes at the earliest possible date, so you can plan your resources and expenditures realistically.

Please also be sure to review your email and My UW account frequently, as our office may need documentation from you in order to verify your aid eligibility for the year. Holds will be placed on your aid until this paperwork is received and processed by our office, so the sooner you can submit the documentation to us, the better. ‘Requested Documents’ at your UW account under your ‘Financial Aid Status’ outlines the documentation we need, when it was requested and when it was processed.

Helpful Links:
Undergraduate Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
Graduate / Professional Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
Withdrawal and refund