Login to MyUW to view your Financial Aid Status. You can see details of your aid offer, accept your aid, view messages or actions you need to take and check on the status of your documents submitted to our office.

After we receive your application for aid and you are admitted to the University of Washington, we will send you an email if you are eligible for aid, referring you to MyUW where you can review the details of your aid offer (the types and amount of aid for which you qualify). We start creating aid offers in the spring before the next academic year begins.

If you receive a “Notice of Preliminary Aid Offer” (an estimate of your eligibility for aid) you may accept this initial aid offer; however, we will complete the review of information you provided on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before your aid offer can be confirmed. If you receive a “Notice of Aid Offer,” then your application has been reviewed and your eligibility confirmed. However, you must accept your aid offer online at MyUW by the date indicated to reserve your aid. Please follow the instructions below to ensure your aid will be ready for you when you start the school year.

  • New students
    You will need your UW NetID in order to access your online Financial Aid aid offer. For information about setting up your UW NetID go to the link for the campus you will be attending: Seattle, Bothell or Tacoma.
  • Check for errors in address, social security number, or other information about you
    Read the assumptions (state residency, enrollment status, number of quarters you plan to attend this year). Please contact our office if any of the assumptions are incorrect. If you are not a Washington resident but pay resident tuition because of a departmental appointment or Armed Services status, note the tuition benefit in the Resources Review/Update section in Financial Aid Status on MyUW.
  • Accept or reject each form of aid listed
    You are under no obligation until aid is disbursed; you may accept an aid offer now and change your mind later. If you reject an aid offer, or don’t accept it by the ‘reply by date’, the aid offer will be cancelled. As we have limited funds the aid may not be able to be restored later if you decide you need it. Federal Direct Stafford Loans, Federal Direct PLUS Loans, Federal Pell Grants and Washington College Grants can usually be reinstated. You may accept or reject aid from any fund without losing the other aid offered in your aid offer. If you would like us to replace Work Study with a federal loan, then contact our office after you accept your aid offer. We are not able to replace loans with grants and scholarships.
  • Determine how much you want to borrow
    You may be offered a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan or a Federal Direct PLUS Loan to help meet your financial need or if you are not eligible for need-based assistance. These loans do not include a federal subsidy, so interest begins to accrue after the loan proceeds have been disbursed to you, and repayment on the PLUS loan begins 60 days after the last disbursement (with some deferment of payment available under certain circumstances). These loans should be used as a last resort in financing your education and require additional responsibilities from you, the borrower or your parents for PLUS loans. You may want to review Request Changes to Your Aid Offer to determine if your eligibility for need-based assistance should be revised before you borrow from these loan programs. If you have been offered loans and you do not wish to borrow the full amount offered, you may indicate the reduced level to us. If you want to borrow more than we have offered, to replace your family contribution, please contact our office. To view additional information, see the Student Loan Program Chart and Completing Paperwork for Loans.
  • Make sure your aid offer correctly reflects any benefits, scholarships, outside offers, and other resources you will receive or think you may receive, even if it comes from another UW office
    You must report any information about your resources (and, if married, your spouse’s) that you have not already formally reported to our office. It is imperative that our office has current and complete information on your resources throughout the year; otherwise, you risk being over-awarded and having to repay aid.
  • Permission to release student record information
    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of your education records. As a general rule the University will not release your records to a third party without your written consent. To allow staff in Student Financial Aid to discuss the status of your financial aid offer with your parents, spouse, or another person, a release of information form must be completed. You can complete the form online.

    • Even with a permission to release information on file, we cannot release any Federal Tax Information from the student aid application.
  • Understand your obligations as an aid recipient
    • Enroll full-time each quarter and attend all your classes (12 credits for undergraduate, professional and certification students; 10 credits for graduates) unless less than full-time attendance is specifically noted in your notice of aid offer.
    • Pass sufficient credits to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
    • Report new sources of support and changes in personal circumstances (e.g., changing from non-resident to resident status, divorce, moving to parents’ home) as soon as you learn of them.
  • Accept your aid offer on MyUW before the reply date
    Accept your aid offer in MyUW Financial Aid Status before the reply date. If you do not accept it by this date, we will cancel your aid in order to offer it to another student. Once you respond, we will continue processing your application, and you may receive revised aid offer notice emails reflecting changes in your contribution and your aid offer. Review these revisions on MyUW and accept or reject any new aid that has been offered to you. Remember, accepting our aid offer is not the same as accepting your admissions offer. Freshmen need to pay the New Student Orientation Fee (NSEOF) to the Office of Admissions by May 1 to reserve their place.
  • Complete your file
    You must respond to any requests we make for certification statements, tax returns, or any other documentation needed to finalize your aid offer. Since we cannot disburse any funds until all required information is submitted and reviewed, please reply promptly to any correspondence from us.
  • Receive your financial aid
    Read more about disbursement
  • Apply for aid for summer
    If you plan to attend Summer quarter, you will need to complete your FAFSA and a Summer Aid Application. You’ll need your UW NetID and password to apply online for summer quarter aid. Apply between April 1st and May 15th for priority processing.
  • Remember, you’ll need to re-apply next year for aid!