- Remind students of the academic misconduct section in the Student Conduct Code, in class and in your syllabus
- Explain how the Code applies to your specific course regarding cheating, falsification, and/or plagiarism, and advise students of the consequences of academic misconduct
- Often times, students participate in academic misconduct because they are doing poorly in the class
- explain to students that you are willing and available to discuss academic concerns with them
- regularly encourage students to go to office hours or to schedule a time to meet with you
- Encourage students to reach out to you if they suspect other students are engaging in academic misconduct
- Be consistent with addressing potential academic misconduct incidents
Have a tip you’d like to share? Submit it here.