- Since collected homework can never be fully screened for copying, it may be more effective to put greater effort into preventing cheating on in-class exams and quizzes which can be closely monitored or in final projects
- Limit grades for collected homework to no more than 10% of the total course grade, except in courses where regular practice is deemed essential and which cannot be replaced by in-class quizzes or exams
- Replace the balance of customary homework assignment grades (traditionally, 25-30% of the course grade had been typical) with a second midterm or in-class quizzes closely based on homework assignments
- Rotate homework assignments so that no two similar assignments are used in back-to-back years
- Use different versions of the assignment for each course section
- Explain clearly what level of collaboration is acceptable
Have a tip you’d like to share? Submit it here.