Husky Promise® Home FAQ Mission Statement Contact Us

General Eligibility

Most of the financial aid programs we offer do have some common eligibility rules. To qualify for aid you must:

  • be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or other eligible noncitizen. International students may apply for the University's Family Housing or Child Care Assistance Program.
  • be admitted to the University in an approved degree or certificate program (review your options for aid if you are a non-matriculated student.
  • not be in default on a previous student loan or owe a repayment on a grant or loan for which you were not eligible;
  • not have loans in excess of the aggregate limits of the aid programs;
  • not be disqualified based on a conviction for a drug-related offense while you were enrolled in school and receiving federal student aid;
  • be registered with the Selective Service (if required);
  • be making satisfactory academic progress towards a degree;
  • provide financial information as required.

In general, students whose FAFSA is received after February 28, part-time and post-baccalaureate (5th year) students are considered for only limited types of aid. However, if you are in a degree or approved certificate program, you may still be eligible to apply for the Federal Direct Loan programs.

Less than full-time students or others with exceptional circumstances, may contact our office for possible consideration of other forms of aid.