When you log in to the Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS) using your UW NetID, the first page you see is your Profile page.
This page displays:
- Information about you
- “Action items” where you may create or complete a disclosure
- Your current sponsored research projects
- Any SFI already entered
- Any disclosures pending or already completed
From this page you can complete any pending disclosures, create a new disclosure, or edit an existing disclosure that has not yet been reviewed. The following articles will cover each section of the profile page.
The first two fields, described below, display as read-only; you cannot edit them. This information is obtained from UW HR and is automatically updated every time you log in.
- Name, with your Employee Identification (EID) in parentheses.
- Primary Position Unit lists the Cost Center and its unit name.
You can edit your Contact Phone, Email, and Title. The system initially auto-populates these.
The Office of Research will use your email address or phone number to contact you if they have questions. The email address you enter here will also display on the PI, Personnel, & Organizations page of any eGC1 that lists you.
For the Title field, if you have multiple appointments, the system randomly selects a title from the list. If it is not your preferred title, you can edit this field.
Your contact information and title do not need to match the information as it appears elsewhere in SAGE. Note: You must enter values for all of these fields.
The following image shows this section with sample data.
A pending disclosure is a one you need to complete. The system creates one when either an eGC1 owner or the system sends disclosure notification emails to the investigators. The eGC1 owner can do this by clicking the Send Disclosure Notification button on the PI, Personnel, & Organizations page. If the owner routes the eGC1 to reviewers for approval without sending the notifications, the system will send them automatically.
The system also creates a pending disclosure when an investigator begins, but does not complete, a disclosure for Human Subjects Activity or a CoMotion Technology Transfer Agreement.
The Action Items section of the page lists any pending disclosures. To complete a pending disclosure for a specific eGC1, CoMotion agreement, or Human Subjects Activity, click on the Complete Disclosure button to the right of the disclosure. Then make any necessary updates to your Significant Financial Interests (SFI) and enter any other required information. For an eGC1 disclosure, its status will display on the eGC1’s PI, Personnel, & Organizations page.
The following image shows three example pending disclosures, one for Human Subjects, one for CoMotion, and one for an eGC1.
Create a New Disclosure
The Create New Disclosure button displays below the Action Items section, as shown in the following image.
Click this button to start the process. The Disclosure Type page will display for you to select the appropriate type of disclosure.
This section lists your recently created, approved, and/or awarded eGC1s. The information displayed is:
- The eGC1 (application proposal) number
- The eGC1 full title
- Your role
- The sponsor
- The current status of the eGC1
You cannot change this information in FIDS. You may be able to update some of it in SAGE.
Note: For a definition of “recently created, approved and/or awarded” review the eGC1s Displayed article.
The following image shows an example of this section, and indicates the Can’t see your eGC1? link at the bottom of the section.
If you don’t see an eGC1 listed for which you are an investigator, you can include it on this list by clicking the Can’t see your eGC1? link and following the instructions. Review Add Additional Sponsored Research.
You can see all of your existing Significant Financial Interests (SFI) listed in this section. The information displayed is:
- Name of Entity
- Interest Holder
- Nature of Interest
- Entity Type
The following image shows an example list.
You can add, edit, or delete SFI when you are creating a disclosure. Select Complete Disclosure or Create New Disclosure in the Action Items section to start this process.
If you are an investigator for an eGC1 with a sponsor or originating sponsor that requires UW review of SFI, you must disclose all Significant Financial Interests (SFI) related to your Institutional Duties, as defined by GIM 10: Financial Conflict of Interest Policy. FIDS will automatically link all of your SFI to any of these types of eGC1 disclosures.
If your eGC1’s sponsor does not require UW review of SFI, you should only include those SFI related to the eGC1’s research. Specifically, SFI related to research means that the SFI either impacts, or could appear to impact, the design, conduct, or reporting of any current or proposed research projects.
The Disclosures section lists all of your pending and completed disclosures. The following image shows an example list.
The values listed for each existing disclosure are:
- Disclosure ID: automatically generated by FIDS. For a completed disclosure, you may click the Disclosure ID to see a read-only view of your point-in-time disclosure. If your disclosure’s status is other than Review Complete or No Review Required, you may edit it. An Edit this Disclosure button displays at the bottom of the page.
- eGC1 Number: the primary eGC1 linked with this disclosure. Your disclosure’s status will appear on the PI, Personnel, & Organizations page of this eGC1. The text “(not available)” displays for disclosures that do not have a primary eGC1.
- Date Disclosed: when you completed the disclosure.
- Disclosure Required: you need to complete this disclosure.
- Disclosure Complete: you have completed this disclosure.
- Review Status:
- Review Required: generally, this indicates the disclosure has related SFI, and the reviewer needs to review this disclosure now
- Waiting for JIT (Just in Time): the system will assess the need for review at the appropriate time
- No Review Required: generally, this indicates no related SFI, and therefore no review is needed
- Pending Answer: the reviewer needs information from the investigator; this status is set by the reviewers
- Review Complete: the reviewer completed reviewing the disclosure
For more information, review Disclosure Review Statuses.
- If an investigator is removed from an eGC1, the system will delete the related pending disclosure within 24 hours.
- If a person’s investigator setting is changed from Yes to No, any completed disclosure will be disassociated from the eGC1, and as needed, the disclosure’s status will be reset to Waiting for JIT.