The Action Items section displays any pending disclosures that you need to complete and provides a button for creating new disclosures. The following image shows three pending disclosures, one for an eGC1, one for CoMotion, and one for Human Subjects.
A pending disclosure is a disclosure you need to complete. The system creates one when either an eGC1 owner or the system sends disclosure notification emails to the investigators. The eGC1 owner can click the Send Disclosure Notification button on the PI, Personnel, and Organizations page. If the owner routes the eGC1 to reviewers for approval without sending the notifications, the system will send them automatically. Also, when an investigator begins, but does not complete, a disclosure for Human Subjects Activity or a CoMotion Technology Transfer Agreement, the system creates a pending disclosure.
To complete a pending disclosure for a specific eGC1, CoMotion agreement, or Human Subjects Activity, click on the Complete Disclosure button to the right of the disclosure in the Action Items section. Then make any necessary updates to your SFI and enter any other required information. The status of your completed disclosure for an eGC1 will display on its PI, Personnel, & Organizations page.
Create a New Disclosure
The Create New Disclosure button displays below the Action Items section, as shown in the following image.
Click this button to start the process. The Disclosure Type page will display for you to select the appropriate type of disclosure. For more information see the Disclosure Types section.
This section lists your recently created, approved, and/or awarded eGC1s. The information displayed is
- the eGC1 (application proposal) number
- the full title
- your role
- the sponsor
- the current status of the eGC1.
You cannot change this information in FIDS. You may be able to update some of it in SAGE.
Note: For a definition of “recently created, approved and/or awarded” see the eGC1s Displayed section.
The following image shows an example of this section, and indicates the Can’t see your eGC1? link.
If you don’t see an eGC1 listed for which you are an investigator, you can include it on this list by clicking the Can’t see your eGC1? link and following the instructions. For more information on how to do this, see the Add Additional Sponsored Research section.
The Disclosures section lists all of your pending and completed disclosures. The following image shows an example list.
The values listed for existing disclosures are:
- Disclosure ID: automatically generated by FIDS. For completed disclosures, you may click the Disclosure IDs to see read-only views of your point-in-time disclosures. If your disclosure’s status is Review Complete or No Review Required, you may edit it. You will see an Edit this Disclosure button at the bottom of the page.
- eGC1 Number: the primary eGC1 linked with this disclosure. Your disclosure status will appear on the PI, Personnel, & Organizations page of this eGC1. You will see “(not available)” displayed for disclosures that do not have a primary eGC1.
- Date Disclosed: when you completed the disclosure.
- Disclosure Required: you need to complete this disclosure.
- Disclosure Complete: you have completed this disclosure.
- Review Status
- Review Required: generally, this indicates the disclosure has related SFI, and the reviewer needs to review this disclosure now
- Waiting for JIT (Just in Time): the system will assess the need for review at the appropriate time
- No Review Required: generally, this indicates no related SFI, and therefore no review is needed
- Pending Answer: the reviewer needs information from the investigator; this status is set by the reviewers
- Review Complete: the reviewer completed reviewing the disclosure
For more information, see the Disclosure Review Statuses section.
- If an investigator on an eGC1 is removed, their pending disclosure will be deleted from their FIDS profile within 24 hours.
- If a person’s investigator setting is changed from Yes to No, any completed disclosure will be disassociated from the eGC1, and as needed, the disclosure’s status will be reset to Waiting for JIT.
An eGC1 displays in the Current eGC1s section of the FIDS Profile page if it is:
- Composing, where today’s date is less than proposed start date plus one month.
- Withdrawn, where today’s date is less than proposed start date plus one month.
- Returned, where today’s date is less than proposed start date plus one month.
- Routing, where today’s date is less than proposed start date plus one month.
- In OSP, where today’s date is less than proposed start date plus one month.
- Awarded, where the end date is in the future, or within the previous 12 months.
- Approved where the start date is in the future, or is 6 months in the past.
- An eGC1 where your personnel record changed in the previous 12 months.
Additional eGC1s display when you select the Can’t see your eGC1? link. They are:
- eGC1s in Composing, Withdrawn, Returned, Routing, In OSP, Awarded or Approved status where the start/end dates are outside the time limits set above. The exception to this is an eGC1 where your personnel record changed in the previous 12 months.
- Denied eGC1s
- Permanently withdrawn eGC1s
FIDS does not display any discarded eGC1s.