Revised Disclosure Review Statuses
A new Review Status of “Pending Answer” has been added so that the SFI disclosure reviewers in the Office of Research can identify those disclosures whose review is pending additional information from the investigator. The Review Status of “Duplicate” was removed, and all disclosures in that status were moved to “No Review Required” status.
Disclosure Notification Changes
In order to ensure attention is drawn to situations where an investigator may not be receiving a disclosure notification email, there are some changes being introduced to the eGC1s in SAGE.
- Providing visibility when an investigator’s email address is missing which means no disclosure notification can be sent. When no email address is available, the eGC1 Preparer will be sent an email they can forward to the investigator.
- Requiring the eGC1 Preparer’s email address, used for key notifications.
Once you complete a disclosure, the system assigns it a Review Status based on several factors.
A primary disclosure for an eGC1 initially has a status of Waiting for JIT, regardless of whether the disclosure includes SFI. The disclosure remains in this status until the appropriate time to review it. The disclosure’s status then changes to:
- Review Required status if it has SFI, or
- No Review Required, if it does not have SFI
The status change occurs when:
- An After-the-Fact eGC1 reaches In OSP or Approved status, or
- OSP creates a Funding Action for an eGC1 (other than After-the-Fact ones)
When you complete a disclosure for CoMotion, HSD/IRB, or just SFI, the system will assign a status. If the disclosure has SFI, the status is Waiting for JIT; if no SFI, the status is No Review Required.
The Institutional Official will look at disclosures in Waiting for JIT status as needed. At the time of review, the disclosure status would change to:
- Pending Answer if the Institutional Official has requested information about this disclosure from the investigator
- Review Complete when the Institutional Official has completed their review of this disclosure
The Disclosures section lists all of your pending and completed disclosures.
The values listed for existing disclosures are:
- Disclosure ID: automatically generated by FIDS. For completed disclosures, you may click the Disclosure IDs to see read-only views of your point-in-time disclosures. From here, you may edit your disclosure, if it does not have a review status of Review Complete or No Review Required, by clicking the Edit this Disclosure button at the bottom of the page.
- eGC1 Number: the primary eGC1 linked with this disclosure. Your disclosure status will appear on the PI & Personnel page of this eGC1. You will see “(not available)” displayed for disclosures that do not have a primary eGC1.
- Date Disclosed: when you completed the disclosure.
- Disclosure Required: you need to complete this disclosure.
- Disclosure Complete: you have completed this disclosure.
- Review Status
- Review Required: generally, this indicates the disclosure has related SFI, and the reviewer needs to review this disclosure now
- Waiting for JIT: the system will assess the need for review at the appropriate time
- No Review Required: generally, this indicates no related SFI, and therefore no review is needed
- Pending Answer: the reviewer needs information from the investigator; this status is set by the reviewers
- Review Complete: the reviewers completed reviewing the disclosure
For more information, see the Disclosure Review Statuses section.
- If an investigator on an eGC1 is removed, their pending disclosure will be deleted from their FIDS profile within 24 hours.
- If a person’s investigator setting is changed from Yes to No, any completed disclosure will be disassociated from the eGC1, and as needed, the disclosure’s status will be reset to Waiting for JIT.