Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity
How to Enter
To register, please submit the Team Entry Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 5, 2012.
- Be an enrolled UW student.
- Have Freshman or Sophomore class standing.
- Be enrolled in a minimum course load of 12 credits the entire quarter of participation.
- Be a declared participant in one of the following OMA&D Retention Programs:
- CAMP, ECC, EOP, HSCMPSP, IC, IMSD, LSAMP, SSS, SSS STEM
- Be enrolled in at least one of the following courses:
- ~BIOL 180, 200, 220; ~CHEM 142, 152, 162, 237, 238 (w/ Lab 241), 239; ~MATH 120, 124 (before PHYS 114), 125, 126; ~PSYCH 209 and above; ~PHYS 114, 115, 116, 121, 122, 123; ~QSI 291, 292; ~STATS 220
- Establish a 4-5 member group
- A “Team” (study group) is defined as four to five individuals with at least one qualifying course in common (but not necessarily the same section) during the Challenge quarter.
- Teams may be all Freshmen, Sophomores, or a combination of both.
- iii. If during the quarter one or more team members withdraw for any reason, the Team may continue the Challenge. However, the Team may not replace the member(s) during the Challenge quarter.
- Select and file an appropriate Team name
- All Team names are subject to S.M.A.R.T. Challenge Coordinator’s approval.
- Teams may retain the Team name from one Challenge quarter to the next.
- Select a Team Captain
- To qualify to have a team in the Challenge, the Team Captain must attend the S.M.A.R.T. Challenge Rules meeting
- The Team Captain will be responsible for all written and verbal communication between the S.M.A.R.T. Challenge Coordinator / S.M.A.R.T. Challenge Committee and his or her Team.
- The Team Captain will be responsible for informing the S.M.A.R.T. Challenge Coordinator of any changes in Team membership (i.e. Team member Resigns).
- The Team Captain will work with the S.M.A.R.T. Challenge Coordinator to resolve any disputes.
- The Team Captain will register the team.
- Register the Team at email@example.com no later than October 12, 2011.