UW experts on issues in the news are available for media interviews. Here is a partial list of major issues and events over the past year.
- Infrastructure experts: Engineering and other experts for Skagit River bridge collapse
- Seismology: Experts on Pacific Northwest earthquakes
- The Arab crises: Experts are in both Cairo and Seattle
- Elections: Historic perspective, tea party, civil rights, racial and ethnic minorities, faith and politics, media and politics, economy and taxes, labor economics and social issues, public opinion and public policy
- Tsunami debris: Oceanography experts
- Terrorism: Experts on terrorism and politics