UW experts on major issues in the news
UW experts on issues in the news are available for media interviews. Here is a partial list of major issues being discussed in the media. For a complete list of subject areas and UW media contacts, click here.
- The Middle East: History of the Middle East, modern-day conflict, state-society relationships, Islamic and constitutional law, and U.S. foreign policy in the region.
- Politics: Historic perspective, tea party, civil rights, racial and ethnic minorities, faith and politics, media and politics, economy and taxes, labor economics and social issues, public opinion and public policy.
- Terrorism: Political extremism, ethnic and religious conflict, tyrannical governments, U.S. foreign policy, and the role of the Internet.
- Infrastructure: Engineering and other experts, including urban transportation planning and policy, tolls, intelligent transportation systems, and high-performance building systems and environmental life cycle assessment of buildings.
- Earthquakes: Seismology, geology, engineering, and disaster preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation policy.