Trademarks & Licensing

Campus licensees

Why use a UW licensee?

The requirement to use a UW licensee protects the UW in many ways. Each UW licensee has completed an application and met stringent requirements to ensure that UW marks are:

  • used properly and within the UW brand guidelines
  • used on products that align with the integrity and reputation of the university
  • not misleading or inaccurate in representing the UW’s relationship to other entities
  • used on products that are produced in a socially responsible and ethical manner that is consistent with UW’s Licensing Code of Conduct
  • the RPF selection process for UW campus licensees allows departments to choose one from the list without having to get multiple bids or approval from procurement to use a vendor

Below is a list of UW campus licensees—visit their websites and reach out to them directly. They provide numerous products that can be produced with your department’s marks and the UW licensed marks.

4imprint Inc.

*Woman owned and LGBTQ small business—Certified by Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and The National LGBT Chamber of Commerce

Complete Office

Creative House Branding


ID ME College

Image Source

Kotis Design LLC

PromoShop Inc.**
**Minority owned business certified by National Minority Development Council (NMSCD)

What is considered a UW licensed mark?

As unique identifiers, the UW owns and controls its name(s) and other marks, logos, insignias, seal, designs and symbols that are associated with the institution. These include the words Washington, Huskies, Dawgs, University of Washington; UW, UDub, and logos such as the block “W,” the Husky mascot marks, the Husky football helmet and the official UW seal. It also includes University images, University fight song and other music performed by the Husky Marching Band. Any person, business or organization desiring to use University of Washington trademarks in any manner and for any purpose must be licensed to do so.

When are royalties waived on products purchased by a campus department or program?

All uses of trademarks on products are subject to royalties including sales for fundraising projects, sales to individual members of an organization, or if the price of an item is built into a fee (i.e. event registration). The only items exempt from royalties are customized items specific to a university department or program, and events.