The Office of the Title IX Coordinator provides leadership and collaboration across all UW campuses and locations as we work collectively to advance gender equity. We do our work through a system of initiatives, programs, and services that are focused on achieving equity and parity and both preventing and responding to sex- and gender-based discrimination, harassment, and violence.
Title IX Coordinators
UW Title IX Coordinators are involved in prevention and response to sex- and gender-based harassment and violence.
Valery Richardson, Title IX Coordinator
Kiana Swearingen, Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Education & Prevention
4311 11th Avenue NE, Suite 340
Seattle, WA 98105
- Work in partnership with UW communities, units, and programs to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Provide leadership to advance the University’s Title IX mission, vision, and strategic priorities
- Provide information and assistance to individuals who wish to raise a complaint or have concerns or questions regarding Title IX
- Consult and collaborate with a broad network of University partners, offices, and programs who in turn provide support, resources, and outreach on Title IX and gender equity matters and initiatives
- Assist University entities responsible for responding to and investigating Title IX complaints, including coordinating the response to each complaint
- Facilitate University-wide Title IX-related education and prevention
- Monitor and coordinate compliance with federal, state, and local laws, resolution agreements, and regulatory guidance related to Title IX and other laws that address sex and gender discrimination
- Identify and coordinate responses to patterns or systemic issues relating to sexual harassment, gender-based discrimination, or other Title IX and gender equity concerns