The statement below is provided by the Office of the Title IX Coordinator. Faculty and other instructors are encouraged to include this statement in their syllabi but are not required to do so. Whether or not you use this statement, please familiarize yourself with the information on the Offering Support page related to supporting survivors and connecting them with options and resources.
Syllabus statement on sex- and gender-based violence, harassment, and discrimination.
The UW, through numerous policies, prohibits sex- and gender-based violence, harassment, and discrimination and expects students, faculty, and staff to act professionally and respectfully in all work, learning, and research environments.
For support, resources, and reporting options related to sex- and gender-based violence, harassment, or discrimination, refer to the UW Title IX’s website, specifically the Know Your Rights & Resources guide. Should you wish to make the Office of the Office of the Title IX Coordinator aware of a Title IX concern, visit the Make a Title IX Report webpage.
Please know that if you choose to disclose information to me about sex- or gender-based violence, harassment, or discrimination, I will connect you (or the person who experienced the conduct) with resources and individuals who can best provide support and options. You can also access additional resources directly:
- You can request anonymous support, from SafeCampus
- You can request confidential support, from a confidential advocate.
- If you know you want to submit a formal complaint, contact the Civil Rights Investigation Office.
Please note that some senior leaders and other specified employees have been identified as Officials Required to Report. If an Official Required to Report learns of possible sex- or gender-based violence, harassment, or discrimination they are required to contact the Office of the Title IX Coordinator and report all the details they have in order to ensure that the person who experienced harm is offered support and reporting options.
- Title IX: uw.edu/titleix/
- Survivor resources: uw.edu/titleix/survivor-resources/
- Confidential advocates: uw.edu/sexualassault/support/advocacy/
- SafeCampus: uw.edu/safecampus/
- Officials Required to Report: uw.edu/titleix/employee-reporting-expectations/
- Policies: uw.edu/titleix/policies/
Version: August 2023