Skip to content

Consider your credits

Finish College Academic Distribution Requirements (CADRs)

CADRs are admission requirements, so they must be satisfactorily completed before you enroll at the UW.

  • Review freshman or transfer CADRs.
  • If you are unable to fulfill UW admission requirements and conditions before enrolling, or if you plan to satisfy CADRs with different courses than the ones you specified on your application, contact Admissions.


Entering with UW credits

Advanced level credit from high school

Learn more about freshman or transfer exams for credit, including Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) or Advanced and Advanced Subsidiary (A and AS Level) Exams. To request credit, students must submit official exam certificates or attested copies.

Got college credits?

If you have completed college coursework while in high school or are a transfer student, the UW Office of Admissions will prepare an evaluation of your college work after receiving the New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee (NSEOF). Advisers will need this evaluation in order to counsel you about academic requirements and courses to take at the UW.

To help us evaluate your transfer credit, please:

  • Pay the NSEOF as soon as possible, rather than waiting until the payment deadline. (Pell Grant–eligible students may be able to defer paying the NSEOF. See the Accept the Offer & Pay the Fee page for details.)
  • Request that official college transcripts be sent to the Office of Admissions as soon as the college has recorded your final grade and (if applicable) associate degree.
  • Have copies of your unofficial college transcripts with you for Advising & Orientation.

As soon as transfer credit has been added to your UW record, you may view it in MyUW. Credit will be awarded prior to your A&O session.

Washington community college students can get some idea of how their credits will transfer by visiting the Equivalency Guide for Washington Community and Technical Colleges.