Worksheet Navigation Tabs
The budget worksheet displays line items and period totals for each budget line. The name of the budget and its reference number display above the worksheet navigation tabs.
- Worksheet: Displays the Budget Worksheet page
- Sub Budgets: Displays the Sub Budgets page
- Properties: Displays the page with the Budget Properties, Global Attributes and Advanced Settings sections (step 1 of the budget creation wizard)
- Periods: Displays the page with the Periods sections (step 2 of the creation wizard)
- F&A: Displays the page with the Funding Details and F&A Rates and Base sections (step 3 of the creation wizard)
- Assign Access: Displays the page with the Contacts and Access sections (step 4 of the creation wizard)
- Targets & Limits: Displays the page with the Targets & Limits Settings; this tab only appears if you chose this option on the Properties page. It would be step 5 of the creation wizard.
- History: Displays the page with the Budget History; if you linked an eGC1 to the budget, information about it would also appear here.
Worksheet Icons on the Action Bar
At the upper right area of the worksheet is a set of icons. Placing your mouse pointer over an icon will display its function. For full details on each of these icons, see the Worksheet Actions article.
Worksheet Details Overview
Click on any object code summary line to display any existing sub-object line items.
The column entry for one period, for a specific sub-object code line item, shows the total calculated in the item-entry screen(s). The column entry for one period, for an object code summary line, shows the total of all its sub-object code line items for that period. An entry in the “Summary ($)” column (at the far right), for an object code summary line, shows the total of all the periods for that line. At the bottom of the worksheet are column totals for several categories of costs.
In the Salary and Wages section, added personnel will have corresponding entries in the Retirement and Benefits section. Student Aid line items are automatically added when you add an individual to the Salaries and Wages section with a UW sub-object code of: 01-33, 01-34, 01-43, 01-44, 01-51 to 01-54, or 01-91 to 01-94. See Salary and Wages Introduction for more information on how to select individuals.
Worksheet Table Columns
This lists the budget lines, which are categorized into 11 summary sections, derived from actual UW Object Codes. Click on a summary line to display its sub-object codes, or hide them. The current object codes included are:
- (01) Salaries and Wages
- (02) Service Contracts
- (03) Other Contractual Services
- (04) Travel
- (05) Supplies and Materials
- (06) Equipment
- (07) Retirement and Benefits
- (08) Student Aid
- (10) Capital Projects
- (38) Unallocated
- (19) APL
Note: SAGE Budget does not include all UW Object Codes.
This line displays only when you have the Targets and Limits feature enabled. It displays the target amount you have established for each period of your budget. This amount is not included in your budget totals.
This line displays only when you have the Targets & Limits feature enabled. The Target Difference is the difference between the target amount you have established for each period of your budget and your budget total. When your budget exceeds the target amount, the target difference displays in red text. When your budget is less than your target amount, the target difference displays in black text.
The Target Difference is not included in your budget totals.
Summary and period columns
The summary column values are the sum of all line items (sub-object codes) set up within the summary line’s section.
Each budget column represents one period. The periods are defined in step 2 of the setup.