SAGE Budget enables you to create accurate, detailed budgets for your grant and contract proposals. An easy-to-use wizard expedites budget set-up. The comprehensive budget worksheet minimizes errors and improves data quality.
Why use SAGE Budget?
- It’s simple. Set up your budget in a few easy steps.
- It’s accurate. SAGE Budget automatically populates your budget with real-time salary and benefits information, calculates budget totals for each period, and identifies the correct F&A rate.
- It’s efficient. Apply inflation rates for Salary, Tuition, and other line items across budget periods. Cascade entries on non-salary line items, so the values you enter in one budget period are automatically propagated to subsequent budget periods.
- It’s flexible. With the click of a button, you can copy a budget and reuse it as a template for future budgets.
- It’s tailored for the UW Research Community. SAGE Budget is customized to comply with UW Accounting Rules, so you needn’t memorize object codes or look up the latest F&A rates.
- It’s convenient. Connect your budget to an eGC1, and they will route together so reviewers can easily see budget details in a standard format.
- It’s a time saver. If you are creating a Grant Runner application and using the RR Detailed Budget, connecting your budget to your application will automatically populate the form.
When you might not want to use SAGE Budget
- Currently SAGE Budget does not fully support CRBB budgets.
- For more information on preparing a budget, see the Office of Sponsored Program’s Budget Development page.
- Departmental ASTRA Authorizers provide access to the SAGE system. See Accessing SAGE for more details.