View your budget’s history by selecting the link on the left navigation menu. History displays all point-in-time snapshots taken of the budget directly by you or automatically by the system. These snapshots allow you to view the details of your budget at that point in time.
If your budget does not yet have any snapshots, you will see this message displayed: “Snapshots record your budget at a certain point in time to help you keep track of changes. You haven’t added any snapshots yet.”
Once your budget has a snapshot, you will see a table listing them. The following image shows an example of this page.
The table columns are:
- Timestamp – displays the date and time the snapshot was created. Select this link to open a read-only view of this point-in-time budget.
- Snapshot Name/Description – contains either a system generated description, or a user-editable one.
- Saved By – displays the name of the user whose actions created the snapshot.
- Delete button/icon – this removes a user-generated snapshot. Anyone who can edit your budget can delete a manually added snapshot. You cannot delete a system-generated snapshot.
Use the Add Snapshot link below the table to capture your budget at any time. The system will enter a default description of “Snapshot on date, time“. You can then click in the description field and enter your own description.
The system will automatically capture a snapshot when these actions occur:
- You create a new budget by copying an existing budget.
- You connect a budget period to an application.
- You route the connected application for review, which locks the budget from editing.
- OSP approves the connected application, which makes the budget editable again.
- You disconnect the budget from an application.
- You upgrade a legacy budget.
Note: when you upgrade a legacy budget, its existing snapshots will be copied over and displayed in the table.