When you link a SAGE Budget to an eGC1, each item’s contacts and access list are combined into a shared “access” page. A set of rules determines how the data is combined, so that no user loses access.
Once you link the Budget and the eGC1, you can make changes from either the eGC1’s Contact & Access page or from the Budget’s Access tab.
The shared page includes an Administrative Contact, Pre-Award Budget Contact, eGC1 Preparer and Budget Preparer. The Access section of the page lists the owners (contacts, preparers and PI) and anyone with assigned access.
The rules for combining the information from the original pages are:
- If you have different Administrative Contacts and Budget Contacts listed on your eGC1 and your SAGE budget when they are connected:
- Any existing SAGE Budget contacts will display on the resulting shared page.
- The eGC1’s contacts will change to Read/Write assigned access. Note: If your budget does not have an Administrative or Budget Contact, then the eGC1 contact will display on the shared page.
- The eGC1 and Budget Preparers will display on the shared page.
- The PI listed on the eGC1’s PI & Personnel page will be the PI on the shared access page.
- Users will keep their higher level of access to the connected eGC1 and SAGE Budget. For example, a user with Read-Only access to the SAGE Budget and Read/Write access to the eGC1, will have Read/Write access on the shared page.
- Read/Write is a higher level of access than Read-Only.
- Owners (contacts, preparers, and PI) always have Read/Write access.
- Anyone with Read/Write access may change or remove assigned access for anyone else.
When you disconnect a budget from an eGC1, each item will have the same contacts and users with assigned access. However, the Budget Preparer role will not display on the eGC1, and the eGC1 Preparer will not display on the Budget. The eGC1’s PI will not display on the access list for the Budget.
Access page for multiple eGC1s and their connected budget
If you have a budget which is connected to multiple eGC1s:
- Access lists for the eGC1s and their connected budget will merge.
- The creator of the most recent eGC1 will become the eGC1 Preparer on the shared access page and will therefore have owner (edit) access.
- Creators of all other eGC1s will have Read-Only access.
- The PI on the most recent eGC1 will receive any email notifications and be listed as an owner.
- Any former PIs will still display on the PI & Personnel page of the corresponding old eGC1. They will have Read-Only access to the current eGC1 and Budget. The former PIs will not receive email notifications.
- The PI on the most recent eGC1 will display on your My eGC1s page, so you will be unable to search for an older eGC1 using the former PI’s name.
Access for Global Editors
Global Edit users are not listed on the eGC1 or Budget. They only have access to eGC1s not in Composing status. They will also have read/write access to any budgets connected to their eGC1s.
Notes, tips, and warnings
- If you are preparing your eGC1 and budget at the same time, connect your budget before filling out the access page. You will only need to fill in the information once.
- If you remove yourself as an owner from the Contacts & Assign Access page for an eGC1 in Composing status or in Withdrawn status with no approvals, you will have no access to the eGC1 or any connected budgets. For an eGC1 in Approved or Returned status, you will have read-only access.
- Make sure you are connecting the correct budget to your eGC1 or the wrong people will end up on the access list.