The My Advance Requests page displays your existing advance requests, allows you to search for an existing advance or start a new request for an advance.
By default, the list displays advances in Composing, Returned, Withdrawn, and Denied statuses. You can use the status check boxes or the “select” links to filter which item statuses you want to display. The links are: Select Routing, Select Returned, Select All, and Default View.
The following image shows the My Advance Requests page header with the default statuses selected.
You can use the Advanced Search link to find advance requests that match specific criteria. The How to extend an Advance provides help on creating an extension. The Request Advance button starts the process of creating a new advance request.
The statuses for an advance request are:
|Composing||Newly created, but not yet submitted for approval|
|Routing||Submitted and routing for approval|
|In GCA||Being reviewed and processed by GCA|
|Processed||Processing finished by GCA and a budget number assigned|
|Returned||Returned from routing by an approver|
|Withdrawn||Withdrawn from routing by an advance owner/editor|
|Denied||Denied by GCA; only applies to extension requests|
The advance requests display in descending order by Date Created, so the newest one is at the top of the list. The data columns, left to right, are:
- Advance # – unique identifier, select this to open the advance
- Type – values are: New, Renewal, Extension
- eCG1 # – the associated eGC1
- PI Name – the principal investigator’s name
- Sponsor Name – the sponsor from the eGC1
- Status – the current status
- Date Created – the date this advance was created
- Budget # – the budget number assigned by GCA
- Options – when applicable, an Extend link displays which opens an extension request for the advance. This applies to processed advances that have a start date within the past 18 months.
Clicking on a column header will sort the list by that value in descending order. Clicking a second time will reverse the sort. Note that the Type and Options columns cannot be sorted.
Your list will only include advances that you have direct access to as an owner or collaborator. Access to an advance budget request initially originates from the parent eGC1.
- If you are an owner of the parent eGC1 or you have assigned access, you can open an advance budget request for that eGC1.
- If you are a Global Editor, you first need to have direct access to the eGC1 in order to create an advance budget request. To update your access, start on the Approval Flow page of the eGC1. Click on the View eGC1 link to open the eGC1. On the Contacts & Assign Access page, use the Add Another User link in the Access section to assign yourself Read Write access.