This page displays subawards on which you are:
- Subaward Preparer
- Financial Contact
- UW Principal Investigator
- Assigned Read/Write access
The list displays the subawards from newest to oldest.
You can filter the list based on the status of the overall subaward or the latest subaward request.
You can also search for and view a subaward if:
- You have assigned Read Only access to the subaward
- You are an owner (PI, contact, preparer) of the associated Funding Action’s parent eGC1
- You have assigned read-write or read-only access to that parent eGC1
The fields displayed for each subaward listed are:
||System-assigned unique number; select to open the subaward
||Institution receiving the outgoing subaward
|Last Request Status
||Current status of the most recently created request. An arrow icon appears if the request is in Withdrawn or Returned status.
||Current status for the subaward
|Subaward Start Date
||Starting date for the subaward
|Subaward End Date
||Calculated end date of the overall subaward based on all requests in Active or Expired status
|Total Subaward Amount
||Calculated amount of the overall subaward based on all requests in Active or Expired status
||UW Principal Investigator’s Name
|Latest BPO Number
||The most recent purchase order number for this subaward request
|FA Org Code
||Organization associated with the award (Funding Action)
||Application associated with the subaward
|eGC1 Short Title
||Associated application’s short title
Filter the list
Use the filter check boxes to limit the list to subawards with the selected statuses. Your list will include any subaward whose latest subaward request status or subaward status matches the selected ones.
The first set of check boxes are for the status of the latest request. By default, the system selects all of these check boxes.
The second set is for the subaward’s status. By default, the system selects just Active and Expired.
You can use the Select All and De-Select All links for each status set to easily adjust your list. Review the Subaward and Subaward Request Statuses article for status definitions.
Search for Subawards
Use Search to quickly find a subaward. Enter a search term in the text box, use the drop-down menu to include All Subawards or just My Subawards, and then click Search.
You must enter at least one character to search.
The results will include any subaward with a value that matches your search term for these columns:
- Subaward Number
- Subrecipient Name
- Subaward Start and End Date (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Total Subaward Amount (matches exact amount)
- UW PI
- BPO Number (only the most recent value is searched)
- FA Org Code
- eGC1 Number
- eGC1 Short Title
For example, if you search for “555” your results would include Subawards with a Subaward Number of SC555 or SC12555, or an FA Org Code or eGC1 Number that included the value.
The Subaward Number is a clickable link depending on your permissions to access that subaward.
Note: the status check boxes selected also affect the search results.
Select the Clear Search link to refresh the tasklist and display only your subawards.
Create New Subaward
Select the Create New Subaward button, on the upper right of the page, to start the process of creating a new subaward.
The My eGC1s page displays those eGC1s to which you have direct access either as an owner or through read-only or read-write permissions. The eGC1s are listed in order by Date Created with the newest one first. The following image shows header for this page.
The fields displayed in the list, reading left to right, are:
- eGC1 # – system assigned unique number – click this to open the eGC1
- PI – Principal Investigator’s Name
- Full Application Title
- Sponsor Name
- eGC1 Status – this field is linked, if the application is in other than Composing status.
- When the status is Routing, In OSP, Withdrawn, Returned or Permanently Withdrawn, clicking the link will open the Approval Flow Graph for the application
- When the status is Approved, Awarded, or Denied by Sponsor, clicking the link take you to the MyResearch funding page for the application
- Date Created
- OSP Need By Date
- Application Type
- Ready To Submit
- Budget Number – number of the connected SAGE Budget, if there is one; selecting this number will open the budget in a new browser tab or window.
From the My eGC1s page, you can find and open an eGC1 by its number, filter the list by status, link to an Advanced Search and create new eGC1s.
Find and Open an eGC1 by Number
To use this feature, enter the number of the specific eGC1 (with or without the “A”) in the text box and click Open. The page will refresh and display the eGC1.
Filter the eGC1 List by Status
You can use the status checkboxes to select which items appear on your list. Your list will update each time you check or uncheck one of the status boxes. For status definitions, see eGC1 Statuses.
The Select Composing, Select Routing, and Select All links will reset the status checkboxes to show only those items that match your choice.
The following image shows this section of the page.
When you first display the My eGC1s page, only items in Composing status are displayed. If you don’t currently have any eGC1s in Composing status, you’ll see this version of the page as show in the following image.
You can use the quick find-and-open feature, choose to view Routing items or all items, go to the Advanced Search page or create a new eGC1.
Link to an Advanced Search
Click the Advanced Search link to display a search page you can use to find eGC1s by various criteria.
Create a New eGC1
Click the Create New eGC1 button to open the wizard for creating a new eGC1 application.
The My Advance Requests page displays your existing advance requests, allows you to search for an existing advance or start a new request for an advance.
By default, the list displays advances in Composing, Returned, Withdrawn, and Denied statuses. You can use the status check boxes or the “select” links to filter which item statuses you want to display. The links are: Select Routing, Select Returned, Select All, and Default View.
The following image shows the My Advance Requests page header with the default statuses selected.
You can use the Advanced Search link to find advance requests that match specific criteria. The How to extend an Advance provides help on creating an extension. The Request Advance button starts the process of creating a new advance request.
The statuses for an advance request are:
||Newly created, but not yet submitted for approval
||Submitted and routing for approval
||Being reviewed and processed by GCA
||Processing finished by GCA and a budget number assigned
||Returned from routing by an approver
||Withdrawn from routing by an advance owner/editor
||Denied by GCA; only applies to extension requests
The advance requests display in descending order by Date Created, so the newest one is at the top of the list. The data columns, left to right, are:
- Advance # – unique identifier, select this to open the advance
- Type – values are: New, Renewal, Extension
- eCG1 # – the associated eGC1
- PI Name – the principal investigator’s name
- Sponsor Name – the sponsor from the eGC1
- Status – the current status
- Date Created – the date this advance was created
- Budget # – the budget number assigned by GCA
- Options – when applicable, an Extend link displays which opens an extension request for the advance. This applies to processed advances that have a start date within the past 18 months.
Clicking on a column header will sort the list by that value in descending order. Clicking a second time will reverse the sort. Note that the Type and Options columns cannot be sorted.
Your list will only include advances that you have direct access to as an owner or collaborator. Access to an advance budget request initially originates from the parent eGC1.
- If you are an owner of the parent eGC1 or you have assigned access, you can open an advance budget request for that eGC1.
- If you are a Global Editor, you first need to have direct access to the eGC1 in order to create an advance budget request. To update your access, start on the Approval Flow page of the eGC1. Click on the View eGC1 link to open the eGC1. On the Contacts & Assign Access page, use the Add Another User link in the Access section to assign yourself Read Write access.
As a reviewer, once you have logged into SAGE, click on the Approvals tab to display the My Approvals page, which lists eGC1s and Advance Budget Requests that require your review and/or approval.
By default, the list displays all of the items waiting for your approval or for you to mark as watched. You can change which statuses display by selecting additional check boxes, or the “Select Waiting” or “Select All” links.
The list is sorted with the newest (highest number) item first. To sort the My Approvals list by a specific column’s data, click on the column heading (for example: Item # or PI). Click again to reverse the sort.
To do a quick search, enter the full Item Number (including prefix) in the text box and click Open. If you have access to the item, it will automatically open to the Approval Flow.
To search for items using a combination of criteria, click the Advanced Search link to the right of the Open button.
The following fields displayed on the My Approvals page.
||Select this to open the item’s approval flow.
||A page icon indicates an eGC1 has attachments; an arrow icon indicates a Grant Runner eGC1.
||The Principal Investigator for the application.
||Identifies the project within the UW financial system (maximum of 22 characters).
|My Approval Status
||Indicates where an eGC1 is in the routing process relative to you or your role.
|My Approval Date
||The date that you or your role approved this eGC1.
||The deadline date for the Sponsor.
||Indicates where an item is in the routing process. To filter the list by status, click the View by Item Status link.
|Ready to Submit
||The response to the “Ready to Submit” question on the Certify & Route page of the eGC1.