This lesson describes how to establish budget periods.
In this lesson, you'll learn how to:
- Create a Period
- Set the Start and End Dates for the period
- Add More Periods to the Budget
To Create a Period
Enter a descriptive name in the Description field.
SAGE give you a default value of P1, but most preparers use Year 1.
To Set the Start Date and End Date
1. Click the Start Date field.
SAGE displays a calendar where you can select a date by clicking on it or enter the date. Use the single arrow buttons to go back or advance a month, and the double arrow buttons to change the year.
When you select the date, SAGE displays the date in the Start Date field and hides the calendar.
2. Click the End Date field to set the end date.
To Add More Periods to the Budget
1. Click the Add Period link.
Note The SAGE Budget will automatically create additional periods of the same time span using the dates entered on the first period.
SAGE adds a second period; the start and end dates are incremented by a year, for example, June 15, 2011 and June 14, 2012.
2. Add as many periods as you need.
3. Click the Next button to navigate to the next step in creating a budget, Step 3: Funding Details.