In this lesson, you'll see how to add total amount of unallocated costs. Any expense not covered by the other codes in the budget are added with the (38) Unallocated code.
To add (38) Unallocated costs:
1. Click the (38) Unallocated name to display the Add Unallocated button.
2. Click the Add Unallocated button.
SAGE displays the Setup page for the new unallocated expense.
And it displays the Description field populated with a default value. Here, it’s New Unallocated.
3. Enter a description for the unallocated funds. In the example, they’ll be for emergencies.
4. Click the First Period button.
SAGE displays Period 1 detail page.
And it displays the Total field set to its default value, $0.00.
5. Fill the total amount for the unallocated funds.
6. At this point you can click one of these four options:
Click the Save button and SAGE saves the data but leaves the Setup page open.
|Click the Save and Close button and SAGE saves your data, closes the setup page, and displays the budget’s Worksheet.|
|Click the Line Setup link and SAGE saves your data and displays a new Setup page where you can add another item for the first period.|
|Click the Next Period button and SAGE displays the next period detail page where you can extend or modify the item.|
7. Click the Save button, to calculate the total amount of the funds and display it at the bottom of the window.
8. Click the Save and Close button, to close the page and display the worksheet.