In this lesson, you'll see how to add UW Sub-Object code, quantity and price information for equipment. The (06) Equipment code contains lines for computing equipment, library materials such as books, software, and serials subscription. In this lesson, you see how to add expenses for books to the budget.
To add (06) Equipment costs:
1. Click the (06) Equipment line name to display the Add Equipment button.
2. Click the Add Equipment button.
SAGE displays the Setup page for a new piece of equipment.
SAGE displays the Description and the Sub-Object Code fields populated with default values. For this example, it’s New Equipment and (00) MISC respectively.
3. Enter a description of the piece of equipment and select the appropriate sub-object code for it. In this example, it's library materials (06-40).
Below is a complete list of the sub-object codes for equipment.
For a complete list of UW Sub-Object Codes while in SAGE, click the F&A tab on the worksheet then click the Show read-only F&A object codes link at the bottom of the page.
4. Click the First Period button.
SAGE displays the Period 1 detail page.
And, it displays the Quantity and Price fields set to default values.
5. Fill the quantity and price information for the service. For this example it’s 10 reference books at $75.00 a piece.
6. At this point you can click one of these four options:
Click the Save button and SAGE saves the data but leaves the Setup page open.
|Click the Save and Close button and SAGE saves your data, closes the setup pageand displays the Worksheet.|
|Click the Line Setup link and SAGE saves your data and displays a new Setup page where you can add another travel item for the first period of the project.|
|Click the Next Period button and SAGE displays the next period detail page where you can extend or modify the travel.|
If you click the Save button, SAGE calculates the total cost of the equipment and displays it at the bottom of the page.
7. Click the Save and Close button. SAGE closes the page and displays the worksheet.