University of Washington

What should I do if the PI is not available to approve the eGC1?

Some sponsors allow a Department chair to sign an eGC-1 and proposal on behalf of a PI in his or her department. This requires an Escalation of PI Certification.

  1. On the Certify & Route page of the eGC1, select the Escalation checkbox.
  2. Notify the appropriate reviewer to approve the application for him or herself, as well as for the PI.

For information on the approval of applications in the PI's absence, contact your department administrator/chair.

© 2015