Please only apply if you are available in-person for all the listed 2023 session dates below. If you submit an application, please place a hold on your calendar for all the dates below.
- Please list the professional experiences: at work, in workshops or trainings or other contexts, most relevant to this program.
- Video response to application questions
- Supervisor approval
Submit a 5–7-minute video answering the following questions. If you are unable to submit a video, please contact the program lead, Makayla Ndamele, at firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to submit written responses.
Note: Video submissions are preferred.
Review and Selection
Submission period: July 11th – August 11th
Committee review: mid-August
Applicants will be notified regarding selection the week of August 28th
- What is your background and experience with DEI and/or racial caucusing most relevant to this program?
- How have your thoughts around DEI evolved over time?
- What areas of DEI would you like to learn more about?
- Being a caucus leader in this program involves facilitation with groups across the Seattle campus to build and bridge understanding across difference.
- Why do you feel you would be effective as a caucus leader and what motivates you to serve in this capacity?
- Share an experience where you were part of a successfully facilitated training.
- What did the facilitator do to ensure that the training was successful?
- Conversely, share an experience with facilitated training that was challenging (interpersonal conflict, breakdowns in communication, microaggressions in space…) and how you think the facilitator could have been more effective?
- Explain what you believe to be an effective strategy to introduce new diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging concepts to individuals who are early in their diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging journey.
- Please share any other relevant information you would like the selection committee to know