Faculty & Staff Insider
Welcome to the Faculty & Staff Insider! Here you will find relevant resources and weekly updates to enhance your employment experience at the UW.
Call for Proposals: UW Teaching & Learning Symposium
Build your portfolio of teaching-related scholarship and engagement by submitting a proposal to be featured in the 2024 Teaching & Learning Symposium.
Under the hood: Understanding your brain at work
At this free online event, hear from panelists from across the UW about detours, roadblocks and milestones in their career journey and what working at the UW means to them.
Career Launch Readiness Assessment
Answer 40 questions, which will take less than 7 minutes, to uncover your level of career readiness.
NEWS AND RESOURCES
Annual President’s Address
President Ana Mari Cauce shared her vision for how the UW will create the greatest possible impact in the world for the good of students, the public and future generations during her annual address on Oct. 12 at the Henry Art Gallery Auditorium.
Workday Finance is live
Learn more about one of the largest institutional changes at the UW in the past 50 years, ushering in a new, modern finance and supply chain infrastructure that will support the University into the future.
The University implemented the changes outlined in the message to the UW community from Dr. Geoff Gottlieb, chair of the University Advisory Committee on Communicable Diseases.
CISO emphasizes safety and security online
The UW’s Chief Information Security Officer shares seven top cybersecurity tips, including how to recognize phishing and scams, and how to secure your UW NetID and other accounts.
Celebrate UW Yoga Month this December
Register for UW Yoga Month and enjoy yoga classes that The Whole U and partner yoga studios offer throughout December.
Open Enrollment is here
For benefits-eligible employees, Open Enrollment is a once-a-year opportunity to make changes to health plan elections or enroll in a Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA) or the Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP). Changes in Workday must be submitted by Nov. 30.
Sign-on bonuses for anesthesiology and surgical services jobs at UW Medicine
Collaborate with an experienced team on surgical procedures and keep patients safe throughout their care. Receive mentorship and generous benefits while you grow your career with UW Medicine.
COVID-19, Flu, RSV: Tips to survive virus season
Learn about the common symptoms of a cold, the flu, RSV or COVID-19 and the best methods to treat them.
- Our University has much to honor and celebrate for Native American Heritage Month1 week ago
- In the face of conflict, let us recognize our shared humanity3 weeks ago
- Annual President’s Address 2023: “Impact is the Heart of the UW”2 months ago
- Dare to Restore 2024 – Finding Well-Being in the New Year20 hours ago
- Onsite and Virtual Classes – UW Yoga Month 20236 days ago
- Support NAMI Seattle: the 2023 UWCFD featured nonprofit1 week ago
The Whole U
- UW-IT’s new project management leader will boost support for IT projects across the UW6 hours ago
- This fall, don’t forget to choose eduroam for your Wi-Fi needs4 weeks ago
- How can you be safe and more secure online?4 weeks ago