Faculty & Staff Insider
Welcome to the Faculty & Staff Insider! Here you will find relevant resources and weekly updates to enhance your employment experience at the UW.
Join the conversation at the 2024 Teaching & Learning Symposium
Award-winning scholar Cate Denial and UW faculty colleagues will discuss and answer questions about how power shapes learning environments.
The erosion of empathy
Gain insight into your own empathy, how the absence of empathy impacts policy and practices, and how non-empathetic attitudes and actions can be redirected.
UW Seattle 2024 virtual winter job & internship fair
Connect with representatives of companies that appeal to your major, interests, and goals in a virtual setting, which can be less overwhelming and more efficient than in-person career fairs.
NEWS AND RESOURCES
UW finance, planning and budgeting merge
President Cauce and Provost Serio announced an organizational and leadership restructuring in the areas of finance, planning and budgeting aimed at improving the effectiveness and efficiency of these areas’ service to the University community.
UW’s Tateuchi East Asian Library reopening
Check out the recent renovations of the Tateuchi East Asian Library on the third floor of Gowen Hall.
The UW College of Arts and Sciences’ free online editor
Need to create collaborative research papers and project reports? Try OverLeaf, a cloud-based editor that includes real-time track changes, unlimited collaborators and full document history.
Successful goal setting
Virtually join Nidhi Agrawal on March 12, at Noon. Bring a personal goal you’re striving for and apply the insights and techniques shared in the workshop to help propel you towards success.
Register here *NetID required
Childcare at Harborview Medical Center
The University of Washington Children’s Center (UWCC) at Harborview, operated by Bright Horizons, offers year-round full-time care to infants, toddlers, preschool and kindergarten prep.
Innovative career opportunities with UW-IT
UW-IT staff help advance teaching, learning and innovation at the UW — backed by the latest technologies, complex communications networks and expertise.
Playlists to stress less
A curated spring playlist to help you feel at peace. Perfect for when you’re working, cooking, driving, anything. Share with your friends and family and listen together.
- February celebrates African American contributions in the arts2 weeks ago
- Contributing to a world that lives up to Dr. King’s dream1 month ago
- Happy new year, and thank you for all that you do as part of the UW community2 months ago
- Hone your heart health with movement and nutrition1 day ago
- Digital payment apps: how to use them safely and securely1 week ago
- February is American Heart Month: try these tips for heart-healthy nutrition1 week ago
The Whole U
- New UW-IT infrastructure directors take on critical roles to better serve UW2 days ago
- New research computing division gets strong leader1 month ago
- Keep Duo Mobile updated; Duo no longer supporting earlier mobile device operating systems2 months ago