The Certify & Route page includes the final compliance questions, a place to add information for the UW reviewers, and the ability to check for any remaining errors. You can finalize or complete your application for routing. Once completed, you will see a Withdraw button. Use it to withdraw you application for editing. You would then re-complete it.
The sections on the page vary depending on the application’s status and whether the person editing it is the PI or not.
These changes were made as a result of introducing the new Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS) which integrates with SAGE.
On the eGC1 PI & Personnel page:
- eGC1 Preparers can select Investigator status.
- Disclosure notifications to investigators to complete a disclosure in FIDS can now be sent.
- Each investigator’s SFI status will display based on the information in FIDS.
- The PHS FCOI training status will display.
- The FIDS disclosure status will display.
- Changes may be made to the PI or personnel after the eGC1 has been approved by OSP.
- The history of any post-approval PI or personnel changes will be displayed.
On the Certify & Route page:
- An eGC1 cannot be completed until all investigators have received disclosure notifications.
- The Ready to Submit question cannot be answered as “Yes” until all investigators have completed their disclosures in FIDS.
The PI Assurance Statement appears on the eGC1 Certify & Route page when the PI is editing the eGC1.
If the PI approves the eGC1 when it is routing, the Assurance Statement will display as part of that approval.
Our federal sponsors requested we include an Assurance Statement. Principal Investigators must certify to the truth and accuracy of all sponsor application contents, acknowledge that penalties could apply if wrong-doing is found, and accept responsibility for scientific conduct and submission of project reports for funded projects.
PI approval of this eGC1 and application in SAGE is equivalent to, and may replace, their signature on the sponsor face page.
Multiple PIs may be listed on the eGC1 PI & Personnel page in some sponsor-approved circumstances. If so, they would need to sign an Assurance Statement also. See the Multiple PI page for instructions on how you do this, and for a link to the required form.
You should direct any questions related to this statement to your OSP Administrator.