This page is where you indicate
- The Principal Investigator (PI)
- Any additional research personnel involved with the proposed project and their roles
- Any additional organizational or common interdisciplinary units that need to review the application
SAGE will pull in Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS) data to provide the disclosure and PHS training status for all personnel who are investigators.
The Additional Organizational Unit Reviewers section allows you to add reviewers for joint academic appointments, TBA personnel units, space and/or resources, and any other reason.
The Common Interdisciplinary Organizational Unit Reviewers section allows you to quickly select a unit and add their reviewers.
Note: You should keep the PI and Personnel list up-to-date throughout the life of the research project.
These changes were made as a result of introducing the new Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS) which integrates with SAGE.
On the eGC1 PI & Personnel page:
- eGC1 Preparers can select Investigator status.
- Disclosure notifications to investigators to complete a disclosure in FIDS can now be sent.
- Each investigator’s SFI status will display based on the information in FIDS.
- The PHS FCOI training status will display.
- The FIDS disclosure status will display.
- Changes may be made to the PI or personnel after the eGC1 has been approved by OSP.
- The history of any post-approval PI or personnel changes will be displayed.
On the Certify & Route page:
- An eGC1 cannot be completed until all investigators have received disclosure notifications.
- The Ready to Submit question cannot be answered as “Yes” until all investigators have completed their disclosures in FIDS.
If the PI is changed on an eGC1 as a result of accidentally connecting an incorrect budget to an eGC1, the original PI is not reverted back when the budget is disconnected. Follow the steps below to put the correct PI in place.
Steps to display the current PI in SAGE:
- Create a new standard eGC1
- Add a Full Title (Details page)
- Add the correct PI (PI & Personnel page)
- Link to the Budget for the Budget/eGC1 group that needs correction (Budget page)
- Disconnect the Budget
- Return to My eGC1s page to verify who is now listed as PI
- Optionally, delete the eGC1 just created
SAGE Budget: When a line item is deleted from the budget worksheet, the page refreshes to reflect the change. However, if a budget has Targets & Limits enabled, the F&A values displayed are not immediately updated. The next time the page is refreshed, the displayed F&A values will be correct, and the Total Project Costs will include the F&A change.