Occasionally, there could be a difference in the eGC1 PI and the PI on the Application, for example, in the case of career development applications.
To designate an Application PI, select that role for the person after adding them to the PI, Personnel, & Organizations page.
If the Application PI is a UW person, SAGE will add the Application PI to the Approval Flow and send an approval required email notification at the appropriate time. If the Application PI does not already have an ASTRA role for SAGE, you will need to give them one, so that they can approve the application. There are two non-PI researcher ASTRA roles that could be used.
As part of the approval process, the UW Application PIs are required to certify the PI Assurance Statement. The following image shows the assurance statement in the approval dialog.
For Grant Runner applications, the person designated as the Application PI will appear as the PD/PI on the SF 424 and Key Person Expanded forms.
If the Application PI is a non-UW person (an affiliate), SAGE will not add them to the approval graph. The eGC1 PI is responsible for securing assurance statements for those non-UW Application PIs.
This page is where you indicate
- The Principal Investigator (PI)
- Any additional research personnel involved with the proposed project and their roles
- Any additional organizational or common interdisciplinary units that need to review the application
SAGE will pull in Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS) data to provide the disclosure and PHS training status for all personnel who are investigators.
The Additional Organizational Unit Reviewers section allows you to add reviewers for joint academic appointments, TBA personnel units, space and/or resources, and any other reason.
The Common Interdisciplinary Organizational Unit Reviewers section allows you to quickly select a unit and add their reviewers.
Note: You should keep the PI and Personnel list up-to-date throughout the life of the research project.
These changes were made as a result of introducing the new Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS) which integrates with SAGE.
On the eGC1 PI & Personnel page:
- eGC1 Preparers can select Investigator status.
- Disclosure notifications to investigators to complete a disclosure in FIDS can now be sent.
- Each investigator’s SFI status will display based on the information in FIDS.
- The PHS FCOI training status will display.
- The FIDS disclosure status will display.
- Changes may be made to the PI or personnel after the eGC1 has been approved by OSP.
- The history of any post-approval PI or personnel changes will be displayed.
On the Certify & Route page:
- An eGC1 cannot be completed until all investigators have received disclosure notifications.
- The Ready to Submit question cannot be answered as “Yes” until all investigators have completed their disclosures in FIDS.
SAGE Budget: When a line item is deleted from the budget worksheet, the page refreshes to reflect the change. However, if a budget has Targets & Limits enabled, the F&A values displayed are not immediately updated. The next time the page is refreshed, the displayed F&A values will be correct, and the Total Project Costs will include the F&A change.