An eGC1 must be completed in SAGE in each of the following situations:
- When completing a grant pre-application in which:
- the sponsor requires sign-off or electronic submission by the institutional official
- a detailed budget is proposed
- a commitment of University resources is made.
- When applying for grants - including new applications, revisions, re-submissions, renewals, supplements, extensions and transfers from other institutions.
- To acquire a budget number for funding that is received from a sponsor, in which the funding qualifies as a sponsored project per GIM 34.
- When applying to be the subcontractor on a Subcontract.