Here are several steps you can take to expedite the approval process:
- Make sure you follow the sponsor instructions exactly, and that all of your forms are complete and accurate.
- Upload your completed sponsor documents as a single PDF in the order requested by the sponsor.
- If required, provide sponsor signature pages either as an attachment to the Sponsor Documents category or as a paper document when signatures other than OSP's are required.
- Begin routing the application 12-15 days prior to the deadline so there is plenty of time for necessary revisions. Remember that if the application does not reach the sponsor by the deadline, it won't be considered for funding.
- If an Animal Subjects reviewer is listed on the approval graph, provide a final paper copy of the grant along with an eGC1 Routing Sheet to their office.
- When revisions are requested by campus reviewers or OSP, remember that quality and timeliness count. Be complete and accurate, and return the application to the routing process as soon as possible.
- Make sure all final documents are attached and that you have answered "Yes" to the Ready to Submit question at least 7 business days before the sponsor deadline (See GIM 1).