Please follow these procedures for requesting President Michael K. Young’s attendance at your event:
- Fill out and submit this form
- Deadline: As soon as possible, preferably at least one month prior to your event.
- Approval process: The President’s Office will review your request and get back to you using the email address listed first on the invitation form.
A note about UW events
If the president accepts your invitation you will be asked to provide:
- Event invitation: A copy of the invitation, either electronically or hard copy.
- Scripted remarks: The president requires carefully prepared remarks for his speaking portion. Within this document should not only be a draft for the president’s writer for final review and approval but also important logistical information to help inform the remarks (please do not hesitate to repeat information included initially within the PARF).
- Briefing materials: To fully prepare the president for your event and the strategic need you have for his attendance, this information will be bundled and presented with his Scripted Remarks (if applicable) and Annotated Guest List (please do not hesitate to repeat information included initially within the PARF).
- Annotated guest list: For use as a “hot sheet” for notable individuals in attendance, providing appropriate context for the president.
- Learn more about these materials
- Presidential correspondence guidelines (Advancement employees only)