March 28, 2014
The tragedy in Oso hits home for Huskies
Every day the news from the mudslide zone in Oso gets worse as rescue workers dig through the muck and debris to find those still missing in the tragedy. The loss this community is facing is unfathomable. And with more than 300 UW faculty, staff, students and alumni in the area, the loss to the Oso community is also a great loss to our own.
If you would like to lend your support to our friends and neighbors in Snohomish County, we’ve put together the following list of organizations to which you can make a contribution. Please continue to keep the people of Oso and the surrounding area in your thoughts and in your hearts.
- The Red Cross: Call 800-733-2767 to donate or text “RedCross” to 90999 and $10 will be charged to your phone bill.
- The Washington State Combined Fund Drive has launched a special campaign to help victims.
- The Mudslide Info and Relief Effort Facebook page updates needs in real time for the rescuers, people and animals affected.
- Arlington Food Bank (accepting donations of food and money)
- Arlington Cascade Valley Hospital Foundation