Scanning & Scoring
Our proprietary test scoring system, ScorePak®, provides information suitable for analyzing and reporting tests of any purpose or complexity. This service is used by individual researchers for test development and validation, and by UW instructors for classroom test scoring and determining course grades. Specific features of our service include:
- Weighted scoring and correlations
- Algebraic score manipulation
- Item analysis for test improvement and validation
- Score rosters and individual score reports
- Score exports in csv (for UW Canvas Gradebook) or Excel (for Catalyst Gradebook)
OEA specializes in optical-mark data capture for exams, surveys and questionnaires. We scan a variety of standard and custom data collection forms in pencil-read, pen-read, and bar-code formats.
Standard forms provide the most cost- and time-effective (one-day turn-around for scanning) means to capture information. This is a good option if your test or questionnaire match the format of the forms available.
Custom forms can be developed to meet your specific data capture needs, and can range from one-page tests and questionnaires to multi-page booklets.