What to expect
You should receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that we received your application. If you use spam or junk mail filters on your email account, make sure that you add email@example.com to your “safe senders” list.
To check your application’s status, visit Staff Jobs page and either log in or click ”My Jobs” to view your candidate profile. There you’ll see the jobs you have applied to, the status, the requisition number (Req #), a link to the job posting and the date you applied.
- Applied/In Review: Your application has been received and University of Washington Human Resources is reviewing your resume for minimum qualifications and eligibility. If your experience is a good match for a current opening, your resume will be referred to the hiring manager.
- Resume Fwd to Department: UWHR has reviewed your resume and sent it to the department’s hiring manager. The department will select the most qualified candidates for interviews and may contact you via phone or email. The information in your candidate profile will be used to contact you, so be sure to keep your information up-to-date.
- Not Selected: Your resume was reviewed but you were not selected for this position. This status can occur at any time after application — during UWHR review or during hiring manager review.
- Candidate Withdrew: You asked to be removed from consideration for the position.
- Recruitment Canceled: Recruitment was canceled by the department, so the position will not be filled.
The total time it takes to fill any position varies. UWHR’s recruitment teams review applications to help identify candidates for each position. Hiring departments only contact the most competitive candidates to interview.
Have questions or need help?
For help or questions about applying as a new applicant or a current UW employee, about an assessment, or if you’ve forgotten your password, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-543-2544. If you are emailing, include your phone number and the Job Req # in case we need additional information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 (voice), 206-543-6452 (TTY), 206-685-7264 (fax) or email@example.com (email). The University of Washington makes every effort to honor all disability accommodation requests. Requests can be responded to most effectively if received as far in advance as possible.