The IT Accessibility Task Force was founded in 2012 and charged by the UW Vice President and CIO, UW- IT and Vice President, Office of External Affairs to develop and implement plans for promoting IT accessibility and establishing best practices campus-wide. It continues to meet monthly to:
- Continue taking steps toward more accessible UW websites and other IT and institutionalizing cooperative relationships between key stakeholder groups.
- Develop strategies that can be applied campus-wide, such as accessibility audits, progress reports, and the availability of tools to facilitate accessibility efforts.
- Recommend steps toward a more coordinated campus-wide effort in promoting the design of accessible websites and other IT.
It submits annual reports of progress and recommendations to project sponsors and priorities planned activities for the Task Force and Accessible Technology Services for the next year.
Chair of the Task Force is Sheryl Burgstahler, Director, Accessible Technology Services (ATS).
Following is a list of current Task Force members, organized by unit.
Center of Teaching and Learning
- Mihaela Giurca, Instructional Consultant
- Bree Callahan, ADA Coordinator
- Krissy Jones, Director of Instructional Design and Development
- Katie Lewis, Associate Professor, College of Education
- Ian Campbell, Manager, Disability Services Office
- Lynn Magill, Program Operations Specialist
- Andy Andrews, Assistant Director, Academic Services
University Marketing and Communications
- Thomas Winston Thorpe, Director, Web Strategy
UW Privacy Office
- Aimee Kelly, Program Operations Specialist
- Ana Thompson, Academic & Access Technologist,
Academic & Collaborative Technologies
- Patrick Pow, Vice Chancellor, Information Technology
- Terrill Thompson, Manager, IT Accessibility Team, ATS
- Dan Comden, Access Technology Center Manager, ATS
- Hadi Rangin, IT Accessibility Specialist, ATS
- Nick Rohde, Web and Content Developer