Grant Runner RR Key Person Expanded
This form page is for listing the PD/PI and up to 99 Senior/Key Persons.
Project Director/Principal Investigator
The basic data for the PD/PI is populated for the person you selected in the Wizard. If you need to change the PI or edit some of the information, go to the eGC1’s PI, Personnel, & Organizations page.
If the PI for the eGC1 is different than the PI for the Grant Runner application, use the Application PI role type on the eGC1’s PI, Personnel, & Organizations page. The Application PI’s information will then populate the Key Person Expanded form.
If the directory data is incorrect, please ask the PD/PI to log in to Workday to make any necessary changes.
The following table describes the editable fields for the PD/PI.
|Credential, e.g. agency login||Enter the eRA Commons login for the PD/PI. This is a mandatory field for NIH submissions.|
|Degree Type||Enter the highest academic or professional degree earned or other credentials (for example, RN) for the Principal Investigator.|
|Degree Year||Enter the year the highest degree or other credential was obtained.|
|Biographical Sketch||Provide a biographical sketch for PD/PI, being sure to format it as described in the sponsor application instructions. For general attachment information, see eGC1 and Grant Runner Attachments.|
|Current and Pending Support||Note: Unless otherwise required in a specific FOA, do not include this attachment for NIH and other PHS agency submissions. This information is no longer required at the time of application submission.
Attach a list of all current and pending support for the PD/PI (even if they receive no salary support from the project(s)) for ongoing projects and pending applications. Be sure to format it as described in the sponsor application instructions.
Senior / Key Person Profiles
Use this section to include the additional researchers on the project. For each researcher, you will need to add the same information as for the PD/PI.
To Add a Person
- Click on the Add New Senior/Key Person Profiles button.
- UW Personnel: In the expanded accordion, you can use the Look Up Person in UW Directory button to easily populate the majority of the fields for any UW employee. You can modify the information as needed.
- Non-UW Personnel: You will need to enter at least all of the required data for any non-UW researcher.
- Credential e.g., agency login: Enter the eRA Commons login for the researcher. This is a required field.
- Project Role: If you select “Other Professional” or “Other (Specify)” for the Project Role, you must complete the Other Project Role Category field. If the person will be an additional PD/PI, NIH requires the Multiple PD/PI Leadership Plan attachment (on the Research Plan form). Also, see Multiple PIs for additional information about providing assurances. Roles are:
- Post Doctoral
- Post Doctoral Associate
- Postdoctoral Scholar
- Other Professional
- Graduate Student
- Undergraduate Student
- Other (Specify)
- Add a Biographical Sketch (required) and Current & Pending Support (optional) attachments as appropriate for each researcher. For general attachment information, see eGC1 and Grant Runner Attachments
- Click the Collapse link (top or bottom) to close the accordion for this person
You can click Cancel at any time to exit the process of adding a person.
Each person you have added will display in a table on the page, with a few pieces of data to easily identify them. The following image shows an example entry.
To Make Changes: Click on the Expand link on the right to view the details and make any changes to the data entered.
To Remove a Person: Use the Delete link on the far right to remove the person from the list.
Add Researchers Above the Maximum Number
Currently, the maximum number of researchers (PD/PI plus all others) is 100. If you have entered that many but still need to document more, you can use the section at the bottom of the page that displays once you reach the maximum. Add an attachment for each additional person.