Events & Collaboration
Explore with Hadi
“Explore with Hadi” sessions provide an opportunity for UW web developers and designers to discuss accessibility issues in a relaxed, casual setting, and provide friendly feedback on accessibility of each others’ web projects. We encourage you to bring your accessibility questions or just join us to see what others are working on. The event is hosted by Hadi Rangin, a web accessibility specialist within UW-IT Accessible Technology Services. Hadi has a Masters degree in computer science and is himself a screen reader user. so it’s a great opportunity to experience how your website might be experienced by someone using assistive technology.
Meetings are typically held on the 2nd Thursday of each month, 9:00am – 10:00am, in the Access Technology Center (MGH 064D). Refreshments are provided, but bringing along additional refreshments to share is welcome and encouraged!
AccessibleWeb@U is a community of UW web designers, developers, and other interested individuals who discuss and share ideas on accessible web design through their online discussion list and through monthly meetings.
- The email address for the group is email@example.com. You can add or remove yourself from this list via the AccessibleWeb list info page.
- A complete collection of email discussions are available in the AccessibleWeb List Archives.
- The AccessWebU Blog includes notes from past meetings.
Meetings are typically held in Allen Library Auditorium the 4th Thursday of each month, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. unless otherwise announced on the email list. Here’s a tentative list of topics for upcoming meetings:
- August: No meeting – Happy Summer!
- September: Assistive Technologies showcase
- October: Web Design & Color
- November: Legal Cases in Higher Education
- December: Accessibility year in review /Accessing Higher Education conference highlights.