Parents & Families

Housing Options

The University of Washington has no on-campus housing requirement. Our students have the choice to live either on campus in University-owned residence halls, apartments, or family housing, off campus in a property not owned by the University. Fraternity and sorority houses are considered off-campus housing. There are a variety of options for your student to choose from with different price points and proximity to campus.

Housing & Food Services provides information to parents and families to help navigate on-campus housing options. Visit Housing & Food Services to learn about campus living, what to bring to campus, campus dining, leadership opportunities, and student employment options within the department.

Off-Campus Housing Affairs, a housing resource funded by the Associated Students of the University of Washington and created by students, provides students and their parents the necessary tools to find adequate off-campus housing. Your student can also use Off-Campus Housing Affairs to find off-campus housing listings, first-time renting workshops, and the Husky Housing Handbook.