Get involved, stay involved
Your involvement in your student’s life takes on a new dimension when college begins. The 2023–24 Parent & Family Guide is here to help you navigate this different and exciting stage in your relationship. The Chinese, Korean, and Spanish versions of the Parent & Family Guide will be posted in July 2023.
The best way to learn about your student’s college experience is directly from them. Being informed can help make these conversations more meaningful for you both.
From academic tutoring to personal health and safety, you can find detailed information about the wide variety of resources that are available to help ensure students’ well-being and success. You’ll also find important university policies and a directory of campus resources.
Keep scrolling to explore topics in the Parent & Family Guide, or download a PDF in one of four languages.
- UW clubs and organizations
- Giving back to the community
- Cheering on UW sports teams
- Study abroad and Greek Life
- Remote learning needs
- General and specialized advising
- Tutoring and writing centers
- First-year interest groups (FIGs)
- Career and internship support
Health & safety
- On-campus clinic
- Mental health counseling
- LiveWell support program
- UW Alert notification system
Living & dining
- Undergraduate housing options
- Campus dining locations
- Adding funds to the UW Husky card
- Residential life community
- Paying for housing and food
- Due dates and methods for paying tuition
- Student employment options
- Financial forms and deadlines
- Tips for accessing public transportation
- Using the U-PASS to get around
- Commuter & Transfer Commons
- Nighttime transportation safety