Emergency Aid

On-campus resources

Office of Financial Aid
The Office of Student Financial Aid has counselors available to speak with you about aid options, including grants, loans, scholarships, and general guidance for money management.

Campus Food Pantry
The Campus Food Pantry is open three days a week in Poplar Hall. Anyone with a Husky ID may access the pantry. Appointments for urgent need are also available and can be set up via email or phone call.

Counseling Center
The Counseling Center provides free support services that can help with the stress and emotion that comes with unexpected circumstances.

Short Term Loans
The Office of Student Financial Aid has short term loan funds available to students who are experiencing temporary cash flow issues. You may receive up to $2500 or $3200 for undergraduates and graduate students, respectively.

LiveWell: Center for Student Advocacy, Training, and Education
The LiveWell office offers student care, support, and education on important mental and physical well-being topics.

More on-campus resources

Any Hungry Husky

Any Hungry Husky provides food assistance to members of the UW community.

Hall Health
Hall Health has free services available, including unlimited medical advice from Consulting Nurses, mental health referrals, light therapy for Seasonal Affective Disorder, and assistance enrolling in and using medical insurance. They also provide paid services, such as immunizations, therapy and counseling, and other medical procedures.

Student Technology Loan Program
Currently enrolled UW students can borrow laptops, cameras, and other technology equipment for free through the student technology loan program.

Housing & Food Services
HFS serves students who live and dine on campus and offers information and resources regarding finances, including access to their account information, billing information, payment due dates, and more.

Library Account Services
Library Account Services staff may be able to help UW students and staff if they find themselves without means to pay a late fee, lost items fee, or other challenge. Talking with a member of their team may help to your answer questions and concerns.

Check with your department or major advisors
Some offices have existing support funds already in place. Check with an advisor to see if yours does.


Off-campus resources


Community Resources by UW SafeCampus
University District Food Bank

Teen Feed Meal Program
ROOTS Young Adult Shelter
Neighborcare Health Youth Clinic at 45th St.