This page displays when you click Submit Disclosure on the Complete Disclosure page. It provides a confirmation that you successfully saved the disclosure.
From this page you can return to your Profile or you can Logout.
If you indicated that you have SFI related to your disclosure, once you have entered or updated your SFI, you will see the Complete Disclosure page.
You can review all of the existing elements of your disclosure, select any related Institutional Activities, and add a narrative that describes how the SFI is linked to the selected Institutional Activities.
If you started this disclosure by clicking the Complete Disclosure button on the Profile page, you will see the associated eGC1 indicated.
The following articles describe each of the sections on this page.
The Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS) is now available. FIDS replaces the paper disclosure process and allows investigators to report their significant financial interests online.
Visit the user guide and take the online course for FIDS to learn more about how to make your disclosure in the system.
Read Financial Conflict of Interest Case Scenarios to see examples of when and what to disclose.
When you log in to the Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS) using your UW NetID, the first page you see is your Profile page.
This page displays
- information about you
- “action items” where you may create or complete a disclosure
- your current sponsored research projects
- any SFI already entered
- any disclosures pending or already completed
From this page you can complete any pending disclosures, create a new disclosure, or edit an existing disclosure that has not yet been reviewed. The following articles will cover each section of the profile page.
The Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS) is an online system that investigators use to disclose Significant Financial Interests (SFI) related to their research projects.
Access FIDS at http://www.washington.edu/research/tools/fids/
You will need to use FIDS to
- disclose your SFI for each eGC1 for which you are an investigator.
- disclose changes you make to your SFI, including updating information, adding new SFI, or deleting SFI.
- disclose your SFI for CoMotion technology transfer or Human Subjects Division (HSD).
For more information on
Parts of the Page
To help you navigate through FIDS, learn the ten basic parts of the page.
Tip: Do not use your browser’s back button to navigate. Instead use the links and breadcrumb trail within FIDS.
- Welcome with your name displayed.
- Sign out link which will log you out of FIDS.
- Help link which will open a new window and display the FIDS User Guide and other support pages.
- Breadcrumb trail which you can click to return to your Profile page.
- Page title which indicates the purpose of the page.
- Section heading with a help icon to provide contextual help.
- Action Bar which will contain icons appropriate to the page. The Delete and Save icons appear in this image.
- Main section of the page, indicated by the colored background, where you might view information, enter or edit data, or click a link to add information in a new window.
- Page footer which contains buttons and/or links to complete this page and move to the next, or cancel out of this page and return to a prior state or page.
- System footer which contains links to Learning and Contact Us information.