University of Washington

Changing the PI

Please see the more complete article on the Principal Investigator.

To change the PI:

  1. Open the eGC1, and then click PI & Personnel in the left navigation menu.
  2. Click Change the Principal Investigator? link, and then enter the name or NetID of the new PI in the Search For: box. (Note: The PI cannot be changed when the eGC1 is routing. Once the eGC1 has been approved by OSP, you can make changes to the PI or other personnel.
  3. Select the appropriate option (either Name (Last, First) or UW NetID) from the By drop-down menu, and then click Search.
  4. Click the name of the person you want to add as PI from the results displayed in the Personnel Search Results section. If the person's name occurs more than once, select the appropriate listing based on job title and department.

When you click the person's name, he or she will be listed as the PI on the eGC1, and will receive email notifications.

© 2015