In this lesson, you'll show how to view Benefit Type, Benefit Object Code, and Benefit % information for personnel
Before You Begin
All of the values displayed on the (07) Retirement and Benefits page are derived from information saved on finance servers. That means that all of it is read-only. When you request an employee's name from the (01) Salary and Wages line, SAGE returns their full name and their sub-object code. The UW Sub-Object Code along with other financial information determines the benefit rate that SAGE will use for that employee.
Dr. Flynn will be on a research grant where he will be promoted from Senior Fellow (01-23) to Assistant Professor (01-11) between the first and second periods of the project.
To View Dr. Flynn's Retirement and Benefits as a Senior Fellow
For example, assuming that Dr Flynn’s sub-object code is (01-23) with 100% effort, and a monthly base pay of $4,000.
1. Click Dr. Flynn's name under the (01) Salary and Wages line.
SAGE displays his total salary as $49,440 for the first period and $50,923.20 for the second.
2. Click the (07) Retirement and Benefits line and you see that his benefits would be $12,706.08 for first period and $13,087.26 for the second.
To View Dr. Flynn's Retirement and Benefits as an Assistant Professor
In contrast, assuming that f Dr. Flynn’s sub-object code is (01-11) with 100% effort and a monthly base pay of $8,250.00
1. Click Dr. Flynn's name under the (01) Salary and Wages lin.
SAGE displays his total salary as $101,907.00 and the first period and $105,029.10.
2. Click the (07) Retirement and Benefits line nd his retirement and benefits would be $24,064.22 for first period and $24,786.87 for the second period.
To Review a Summary of his Benefits for the Second Period
1. Click the benefits amount $13,087.26.
SAGE displays a static benefits page
containing the Benefit Type, Benefit Object Code, which is the same as the sub-object code in (01), the Benefit % and Total Benefits for the Dr. Flynn during that period.
If you need to change the benefit rate for a staff member because they have are performing a different function on the project:
1. Click their name in (01) Salary and Wages.
2. Select the appropriate UW Sub-Object Code.
3. Click the Save button.