A 21st century model for our state’s future prosperity
William Gates Sr.
Hon. Dan Evans
Lynn Pigott Mowe
In March 2012, two dozen civic and business leaders gathered to address the challenges — and opportunities — facing higher education and the University of Washington.
Over the course of a year and a half, this group considered how to create a thriving future for the state of Washington and its residents.
The Washington Futures report captures the committee’s thinking.
It is not a mandate or a specific roadmap — rather, it is intended to generate conversation, spark enthusiasm and promote positive change.
The committee presented the final report to the Board of Regents Sept. 12, 2013.
- Futures Committee suggests new compact for UW and community — UW Today
- Report wants UW to admit more in-state students, go after top faculty — Seattle Times
- Civic leaders present blueprint for UW’s future — Seattle Times
- Editorial: Good ideas to make the UW a stronger powerhouse — Seattle Times
- In Our View: Higher Ed Key for Economy — The Columbian
- David Sarasohn: In higher ed, Oregon runs faster — just to keep up — The Oregonian
- State urged to increase University of Washington funding — Puget Sound Business Journal
- Report suggests UW should admit more in-state students — q13fox.com